Permanent deviation to routes D05, 213 and 214Read more
Some of the drivers involved have used buses to block the inbound dedicated red lane (BRT lane) outside the Table View MyCiTi bus station. Law Enforcement and Metro Police officers are currently on the scene.
The following routes have been affected:
· Table View (trunk route, T01)
· Table View and Century City feeder routes
While the drivers’ grievances are a matter between the employer and its employees, the City is extremely concerned about the impact of the strike on commuters. We have therefore adopted the following measures to alleviate the situation:
· The T01 route has been diverted to the mixed traffic road between Table View and Grey stations for as long as the BRT lane is obstructed
· Additional buses are being dispatched to the Civic Centre to assist in ensuring that commuters will not be stranded during the afternoon peak hours
· Station staff at the Civic Centre and along the trunk route will inform passengers of delays.
The City apologises for the inconvenience caused and requests commuters to please be patient. Commuters travelling home on feeder routes from the Table View station should please consider making alternative transport arrangements until normal services on these routes resume.